Saturday, August 15, 2009

Announcing Owen James Iedema!











After an ultrasound Wednesday morning, (August 12) which showed my amniotic fluid lower than my doctor wanted it to be and a placenta that was "getting old" or had reached it's expiration date, my doctor called me and asked what I was doing Thursday. I responded, "Going to work." He responded, "Try again." I said, "Having a baby??" and he responded, "Yes, I have you set up for induction at 4 AM Thursday. Whoa.... Then his office calls and says the hospital had an opening come up at 10:30 PM that night instead and we thought, well we might as well get the show on the road. SO after they started at about 11:30 with this medication they would put directly on my cervix and check and repeat every 3 hours or so...usually it takes 2-3 times to do the trick. Well, we did this all day and no tricks were taking place and as the day went on, baby was becoming less amused with out antics to get him out (his heart rate would drop sometimes after contractions but not consistently so were worried but no overly worried) but after while our antics weren't working and little guy wasn't tolerating, so the decision was made to go to surgery and have a C-section at 4:30 Friday morning and after the long, worrisome night Jamie and I were both a little relieved to just be getting the little guy out. And, at 5:28 AM, Owen James was born at 6 pounds, 11 ounces and 20 inches long. We're so thankfuly to have him here--safely and healthily! Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, Cara, and little Owen! So glad to here everything is going good! Sounds like you had a long wait but that everything turned out great. Keeping you all in our prayers!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete