Sunday, January 30, 2011
Blog Update: Finally.. It's Been Awhile, but I Did Find Some New Pictures
It's been a looong time. I guess you can say we've been a little preoccupied as of 10 days after the last post. It was 10 days after that post that Trenton became sick and our safe little world as our whole family knew it was turned upside down, especially Carissa, Kurt, Trenton, and Hayden's. It's hard to think about a blog post, or putting up happy pictures when every hour you're praying for his life to be spared, for him to be able to breathe on his own, for him to be able to swallow, not have a g-tube, praying his personality will be in tact, that his eyes will open and he will see...praying that we would be blessed to still have our "Trenton boy." Christmas had a whole new meaning, or maybe it was just the true meaning in the right perspective this year...this life is not all what life is about. We have a greater hope, a greater blessing, a greater call beyond this earth and through Jesus Christ's life, death, and resurrection, we will one day know and see fully what that truly is and until that day, this life is to be lived for that calling and hope so that no matter what happens, we know we have a future and hope greater than this. God has indeed been gracious to us..to Trenton, not only sparing him but causing tremendous healing all while keeping him the same "Trenton boy" we know and love. This life isn't all that we have to see and hope for but I am so thankful that God is so strong and kind to have blessed us with the gift of preserving and restoring Trenton for His sake and His glory. Needless to say, Owen and Hayden have been spending a bit of time together in the last month and a half, so I have a few pictures of them together and some of Owen opening his gifts from Jamie and I. I also have video of him "pushing" around his Tonka truck (thanks Wegs...it's a hit!) to a garbage can...anything he can push like that, he will push it all over. He also likes to "help" put dishes away from the dishwasher:) Owen also continues to babble and babble and his face says he knows exactly what he is saying and even that he is telling you off at times but he still only has a few actual words he says. What can I say, he's a boy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment