Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Do They Look Alike???






I've put up some pictures of Owen when he was a similar age to Emrey to see if they look alike.  While I think you definitely can tell they are brother and sister, you wouldn't mistake their baby pictures for each other.  Owen was definitely a bit chunkier but he also ate more.  The one where Emrey is propped up on the boppy pillow is her at 5 weeks and the one where Owen is propped up on the pillow shows him at 4 weeks.  They both had their first smiles at 4 weeks but I didn't actually catch Emrey's on camera until about 5 weeks.  She was SUPER fussy and hard to please this weekend--especially Saturday.  But then Monday came and it's like we have a brand new, super happy baby.  She likes to go to sleep after she's been awake for about an hour, which I've always known, but this week she no longer fights me when I put her to sleep but complies and snoozes anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours!  That sleeping schedule during the day makes for a much happier baby.. or who knows really what the difference is.  Things could be completely different again in two days but I'm enjoying the happier baby for now.  Her awake time is much happier with her contentedly "playing" anywhere from 10 min to 15 minutes and then she just hangs out being held, going for walks or swinging.  Owen overall is still doing well but gets a little short tempered when I have to hold Emrey.  He's started "hurting" himself on purpose and then looks at me and says, "Bonk," and immediately starts whimpering like he's hurt.  He's also been talking SO much lately--he'll repeat anything we say, including calling his father "Jamie" instead of Daddy or "Da" as Owen says.  He also said "Grandpa" and "Grandma" this week too.  There are many more little words but it's so many now I can't even keep track.  He also has small sentences and while they're not always grammatically correct, they are sentences: "I go," "I find," "What doing ma?", "Where did it go?", "It's the mail!"--it's so fun to hear what he says.  He still gets excited many times and gives us just a bunch of garble but he gets more words each day.  I can't believe Emrey will be 2 months soon and Owen will be 2 years--CRAZY but what a blessing!  The last picture is of Owen's first smile and then black and white above is Emrey's smile--those two are very similar looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment